Questions for QDA

Go down

Questions for QDA

Post  Jakob on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:26 am

Please use this thread to post your questions. You can also ask if you have problems, of course.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions for QDA

Post  olli on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:53 am

Dear all,

My aim it to find out the public's acceptance of how the ECOC event should be used. As I was able to make up the elite/community views on that matter, I developed three categories (economic, cultural, social) myself (which can be considered to talk for politicians, cultural institutions, communities respectively. Please feel free to comment on that.

The questions will be asked in the following manner:

The ECOC event should be used to...

attract more tourists to Maastricht.

diversify Maastricht's economy by expanding the creative industries.

make Maastricht's image appealing to investors.

strengthen the local cultural and artistic scene.

faciliate cultural cross-boarder activities.

create a long-lasting cultural legacy of the event (i.e. spaces of cultural expression, new activities, etc.).

increase citizen's access to cultural activities.

upgrade districts that are socially disadvantaged and in decay.

bring the citizen's of Maastricht together.

They will then have the possibility to express their agreeement towards each statement. They will be able to pick from totally agree, agree, agree somewhat, neutral, disagree somewhat, disagree, totally disagree.

Last edited by olli on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : make it better)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hanna on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:48 am

Hi everyone,

My aim is to find out how the European dimension of the ECOC is going to be realised. My original aim was to focus on policy-makers, the ECOC organisation (thorugh interviews) (and cultural institutions) since i think those are the ones who are aware of this aspect. However, this weekend I was thinking which questions I could possibly integrate in the questionnaire, but I don't think that asking the local populations would make sense within the framework of this questionnaire.
I could ask about 'how important is the european dimension of the ecoc maastricht for you?', but I wouldn't get any information of real value. To get a real insight into what people understand of this European dimension, I would need open-ended questions and maybe even a complete questionnaire on my own. (Those are already existent among the Eurobarometer surveys on Euroepan identity...)But I don't think this should be done here.
Hence, I thought I will stick to my original target group comprising policy-maker and cultural organisations.
Do you think this is reasonable?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yvette on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 am

I believe I can for a great deal use the questions you all want to ask, because most important for me is:

If I understood correct, these are 2 variables (?)
not sure it would be to much, but educational level would also be an interesting variable for my question.

I saw that Olli already posted a question about expectations, I can use that question for my part as well.

I do need a question about cultural activities:

Which of the following cultural activities have you visited (the most often) in the last six months? Answer 1 to 10 (1 the least, 10 the most)
Theatre play
Classical music performance
Pop concert
Big cultural events
Amusement park

Comments are welcome Wink
Greets, Yvette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey guys,

you can find my final quantative data analysis in the google group uploads. I thought about how to include my questions to a collective survey of the group, but I came to the conclusion that I really need a separate one since my overall research is mainly based on quantative research. I think it could get too messed up with other questions involved.

If you have any questions please contact me.
All the best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 am

Hey everyone,

I heard the meeting yesterday went well and that you agreed that my survey is not suitable to be incorporated into a collective one.

I forgot to add my 2 interview questions. They are designed to address only cultural institutions. Since I need only 2 questions to be answered, it would be great if somebody who focuses more on interviews and cultural institutions could integrate my questions as well, just like Olli has done it at the interview with Floor.

1. Please point out the characteristics of the city of ....(depending on location of interview of course) in approximately 10 terms

2. Can you explain the cultural elements of Maastricht/ aachen/ Liege etc. and how they are representative of the city? (in order to guide the interviewee in the right direction, assistance is required. 4 things can be pointed out:
1. food and drink, fashion
2. physical /urban structure, landmarks
3. activities that are happening on regular basis
4. social tradtions customs, life style

When you meet tomorrow, can you inegrate them in the questionnaire please? Thanks!
Concerning my survey I will send it to Giselle tomorrow. so you don't have to bother about it.

Marie wrote that we will meet on Monday after the feedback session to discuss further actions on survey and interview conduct, meaning who will go where with whom. did I understand that correctly? I just want to clarify that even though I have my own survey I can help with others as well if necessary. The same goes for interviews. But this should be easier to discuss in person.

Let me know if something is unclear.
All the best, Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down