How to upload files

Go down

How to upload files

Post  Jakob on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:46 am

I realized that this Forum does not allow the direct upload of files, you can do this as follows:

go to sendspace.com/ and

klick on browse, and select the file you want to upload (as for an e-mail)

klick on Upload File

copy the Download Link at the top (eg: sendspace.com pye4mx)

and thats where your file is, klick on the big orange Download link to download it.

Do you think this is to complicated? The googlegroup doesn't have this disadvantage, of course. But its just 3 klicks... If you know a better upload page, let us know! The advantage of this one is, that you dont have to register, give your e-mail etc. You can also still use the googlegroup to upload and simply copy the link out of the url line, thats maybe the easiest!

later,
Jakob.

p.s.:
Optional: If you want it to look good in this forum, klick on the "Link" Button above the text field when you are typing something here, insert your download link into the first line and the label you want to give it into the second line. Klick ok and your link will look like this.
Try to ignore the long line in the text, it will look as short as your label. ;-)

Jakob
Admin

View user profile http://ecoc.gooforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How to upload files

Post  Jakob on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:28 am

Here is a step by step explanation, should be absolutely foolproof. Looks long, but I am just trying to make sure that everyone gets this. It is literally 4 clicks and one copy-paste move ;-) :

go to www.sendspace.com

you will see this (without the red circle, of course... ;-) ):

click on "Browse..."

find your file:

click "Open" and then "Upload File"

on the next page you will find (between a lot of advertisement) this:

I circled the download link in read with my incredible paint skills. copy paste that link into the forum and you're done!

When you go to that link, find this button:

and click on it. Ignore the commercials, even if they say "download" ;-) Thats how these pages are making money...

hope this helps the technically adverse ones!

Jakob.

p.s.: images you can directly upload through the forum. just click on the "host an image" symbol when you write a message (its the one with a disc in front of a picture ;-) ) and find your file. Click "host it" and it will give you a link wich you can paste here.

Jakob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:18 am

Once again, did anyone else have problems with sendspace? Its quite likely that someone saved my password in China and sendspace is clean. Can anyone check that with a virus scanner? I don't need one on Linux and the one on the university computers are strange... Just download one of our files there and scan it.

Jakob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down