wishlist expertise and workpackages

Go down

wishlist expertise and workpackages

Post  Charlotte on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:24 am

Hey guys,I

here is what we have written the last time. Please let me know if you want to make changes or add anything helpful!

1. Language

Dutch: Yvette and Thijs as native Dutch speakers can interview people in the Dutch region

French: Olli and Hanna are fluent in French and can interview people in Li├Ęge

German: All of us besides Yvette can interview people in Aachen and German community in Belgium

2. Contacts

Thijs: involved in political party in Herleen: knows people from municipalities in Maastricht and Herleen (Who are these people and what are their names? we can add them to the list of people that we have to contact soon)

Yvette: works for student radio show: contacts to people in that field (Who would be good for interviews? ): experience in interviewing that can be helpful for the group.

3. Others

Olli: experience with evaluation of surveys

Jakob: experience with evaluation of surveys

Hanna: experience with evaluation of surveys

In the last proposal we have stated that Olli, Hanna and Jakob will be mainly responsible for the evaluation of the surveys. I think we should all know how to do it!

I don't have any contacts within the region, but I will do research on potential interviewees.
Plus, I think we all need a good understanding of how to conduct interviews, surveys or questionnaires and evaluate them of course. I hope we will have a meeting on that with Giselle and Bas...

That's it for now. Again, please feel free to add changes!

Groetjes

Last edited by Charlotte on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wishlist expertise and workpackages

Post  marie on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Hey Charlotte,

It might also be good to include something about why each one of us researches on the subtopics we chose.
E.g. : Yvette is interested in gender studies, has some pre knowledge and will do her master in that field.... We could each write a sentence on that for you...

By that we could argue that the subtopics are important and we divided the tasks/topics considering the specialization/expertise/field of interest each one of us has. We don't have to tell that we kind of randomly picked the topics we liked but could maybe make the choice of subtopics stronger in a way...

What do you think? Is that important here as well?

Best, Marie

marie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:35 am

Hey Marie,

you are right that the 'why' part is important as well. I forgot to include it. If all of us can come up with a plausible argument, that would connect the expertise section stronger to the RQs and our themes.

If everyone agrees, please write a sentence on what your expertise is and how it relates to your RQ and the particular theme.

Groetjes

Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 am

Sure! if you want to include it:

I chose my topic because I think an initiative as the ECOC can only be meaningful if it is rooted in what the city concerned really produces and can't just be about inviting big actors from other cities/countries or doing yet another Wagner opera. I don't have any background in this direction and I do not plan to do a master degree into this direction. albino

Jakob
Admin

View user profile http://ecoc.gooforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:24 am

Hanna's post:

hanna expertise
hanna Today at 10:40

I chose the topic European dimensionc since I am quire familiar with European identity and theories to explain it. I wrote my first bachelor thesis on that topic.

Jakob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yvette on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:00 am

Hi,

I guess you already mentioned my motivation Wink You're right, I've done the minor Crucial Differences (at UM), mainly about gender studies. And yes I will do a master in genderstudies.

And about the radioshow; I've done many interviews, so I guess I know where to start when I do an interview. Maybe some of the people I interviewed are interesting for us, like David Deprez from Lumiere. Btw, I also had a course in qualitative interviewing (part of the minor cruc. diff.). Learned a lot from that as well.

Groet,
Yvette

Yvette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte on Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Hey everyone, I am writing on the expertise part and have already more than 1 page. The part is still lacking Thijs', Marie's, and Olli's answer to why each of you research on the subtopics we chose. If you don't have any expertise it doesn't matter. It can also be just some comment on personal interest...

The part might be too long in total. But I leave it like that for now and shorten it rather afterwards.

So please, send me just 1-2 sentences (not more please) on that (I only mean Thijs, Marie and Olli)

Best, charlotte

Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  olli on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Charlotte,

well, I find it interesting to unravel the motivations behind the decision of Maastricht to apply. Moreover, I wanted to find a solution to the problem that the population was largely bypassed in former ECOC's. That's why I decided to combine qualitative and quantitative methods in an interactive way.

Best,

Olli

olli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:45 am

hey all,

to Olli and Thijs: we forgot about the work packages so far and we have to include them.

I need from everyone:

1. A list of your focus groups (e.g. name of instituition etc.) , organized according to City/ Country
-> this is necessary to assign us into field research groups in accordance with our language qualification.

2. A classification of the focus goups to the type of research (surveys, interviews..). Plus, shortly state the scope of the surveys, interviews...
-> First to see who focuses on which group, and choses which kind of method. Second, to find out how we can categorize our needs to the field research groups as well.

For instance, my focus is on public surveys with an x amount of questions. Whereas I just need 1-2 questions to be asked in cultural institutions (for which I would not have to arrange an extra interview, but let someone else of the group ask it for me)

It will help us to define, who goes where and when, with what type of research method/ what type of questions.

Please tell me if I left something out. Thanks!

Best, Charlotte

p.s. keep it short please.

Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  marie on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 pm

hey,

my 'expertise':
I will focus on the social impact of art/culture because that is my field of interest. I am specializing in Arts and literature culture and therefore would like to find out what use art has for society or what art and culture do for people...to know more about this is very important for the organization and implementation of cultural events whhich I would like to do later. To know how to make the effect of cultural events sustainable is crucial for success in this field.

My work package is not really clear yet. I would actually like to focus more on maastricht than on the region as a whole. I will have to ask the local population by means of a survey about how they feel about cultural events and art and in how far they are interested or even participating in such events. The other side, namely local artists or participating cultural institutions in Maastricht are also important and I find out what they think/plan by means of interviews. Since as far as I know there are no specific plans yet who will actually participate. Therefore I will also need to interview the people responsible for the planning of the event. I do not know the name right now but since I am probably not the only one who is planning to talk to them someone else probably already wrote it. (sorry) So actually the order will be first ask the planning office about the participating institutions, then talk to them and then ask the people. Furthermore, I of course will do more research into the topic to base the empirical findings I will have about Maastricht as a case study on theory.
I don't know if that is what you wanted. So far I really cannot make it more specific. If you need it differently let me know and I will try to do that...

All the best, Marie

marie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:41 am

Hey Charlotte!

1. Difficult for me because I have not started yet. I will focus on Maastricht and the immediate surroundings and start in the landbouwbelang cultural freezone. From there I will snowball out but I didn't do it yet so that part is not clear. I hope to find some institutions in the surrounding villages: Canne, Cadier en Keer and the likes.

2. I need qualitative interviews with the small scale artists/institutions, mail contact with artists from other cities and 2 questions in the general survey. Categories could be: small scale institutions (regional and urban), independent artists (regional and urban) and publicity space (horrible term, I mean meeting point or room for exhibition) like the lbb.

Does this help? Sorry I cant provide more, I'm really behind on that front...

Jakob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:25 am

To Thijs and Olli,

i still need your work packages. Can you send them to me until tonight please?
Thank you!

Best, Charlotte

Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey all,

it is very hard to come up with a work package at this stage, especially because I am lacking two. I made a table for each of us. The idea is that we get an overview in which research direction everybody is heading right now.
You find the table here.

For the final research proposal, we cannot be precise for now. I will write a short text about what we have tomorrow morning and send it to you.

best, charlotte

Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down